Thursday, April 8, 2010

Review: Truly Madly



  • Title: Truly Madly
  • Author: Heather Webber
  • Reading level: Adult
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks; 1 edition (February 2, 2010)
  • Paperback: 305 pages
  • Received From: Received from Author
  • Genre: Fantasy/Fiction
  • Cover: A+
  • Overall: B
  • ISBN-10: 0312946139
Meet Lucy Valentine; sassy, fabulously original…and psychic. Lucy hails from a long line of matchmakers known as Valentine INC. According to family legend, the Valentines have been blessed by Cupid with the ability to help couples find true love. Trouble is Lucy’s powers were zapped away by an electrical surge and now all she can find are lost objects. But what good is that in the matchmaking world? Lucy is about to find out when she tries to solve a murder and winds up falling into a romance of her own.



This book was definitely different, but in a really good way! As most of you know I read more of the Young Adult Fantasy however I found this story to be really intriguing. I think the characters were my favorite aspect of this story Heather goes into a ton of detail on each and every one of them and you really feel like you know them. I also really enjoyed the plot, It was interesting twist on a fantasy aspect. Lucy seemed like the kind of girl everyone would want to be friends with, and with a talent unlike anyone else!

I also really like how they ended this book (don't worry I am not going to spoil it) mainly because most books end badly, not like in a "oh thats lame" way but to the point where you make up your own endings. This book ends with the "what happens next?" feeling where you want to know more! I would suggest this book for anyone who loves fantasy and wants to give adult fiction a try, It really does not disappoint!





Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome review, I loved this one - such a fun read I cant wait to get my hands on the next book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review - I also loved this, especially for the characters!

    P.S. Congrats on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review, Rae! I really appreciate it. For those of you who are eagerly awaiting Deeply, Desperately--ARCs will be going out soon (next week!). As soon as I know where they'll be available (I'll have a few, and I'm sure to give some away on my blog) I'll post on Facebook and my blog... I can't wait for everyone to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the read! I did as well, though it was my first actual "mystery". It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin