Saturday, July 3, 2010

Review: Chosen (House of Night Series #3)


  • Title: Chosen
  • Author: P.C and Kristin Cast
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Received From: I Bought it
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (March 4, 2008)
  • Genre: Fantasy/Fiction/YA
  • Cover: A+
  • Overall: A-
  • ISBN-10: 0312360304

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and Zoey Redbird's adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare situation of having three boyfriends. Mix a little bloodlust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely affects the truth...



I keep loving this series more and more as I go on! I find that this series is such a good read and it keeps getting stronger. The characters are developing along with the story and to me that is what makes for a great series! I also love the fact that Zoey is not being portrayed as perfect, because at that age no one is perfect. Well actual no one is perfect, what I am trying to say I think it is a very wise move on the authors to show that not only is Zoey a really strong Vampyre but she is also human at heart. I think this book shows how teens can go through many problems and have no where too turn.

The only thing that really got too me in this book was Zoey with all the guys. I mean I understand the blood lust but come on she keeps going back and forth and it does not make her seem appealing. However I also look at it as another mistake teenagers make, so it does not bother me that much. I love where the authors are taking Stevie Raes character I find her very interesting and something to look out for in the later books!

The plot I think was a very good turn for this series because Zoey basically alienated everyone to help save them. Not to mention the new characters that are being brought in too, I also find it interesting how I am slowly turning away from some characters and loving others. For instance Aphrodite I hated her now I absolutely love her! I think the setting in this book could have been a little stronger I did not feel that magical feeling like I did in the first two however I think this book mainly focused on the plot. Overall I really enjoyed this book and the rest of the series which I will be posting shortly =)



So What Did You Think of Chosen?
-Or-
Will You Read It?




Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin