Saturday, July 3, 2010

Review: Untamed (House of Night Series #4)


  • Title: Untamed
  • Author: P.C and Kristin Cast
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Received From: I Bought it
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (September 29, 2009)
  • Genre: Fantasy/Fiction/YA
  • Cover: A+
  • Overall: B
  • ISBN-10: 0312596308

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, of the two Zoey has left, one is undead and one is unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wld and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened.




I am not going to lie I did not think that this book in the series brought the Amazing factor like the rest of the books. Don't get me wrong it was still a good book however I did think the others where much more stronger. I feel like this book had alot less action in it well, except for the end but don't worry I will not spoil that for any of you! I feel like this book dug more into Zoeys personal life and I did like that however I would have liked too see more action. I did think the Raven Mockers and the background too them where really cool, however it seemed like a build up to more build up lol!

I think the plot could have been stronger because it seemed secondary to me over the issues with Zoey and boys. I also thought that the character development could have continued and not just stayed where it was in the last book. However I did like certain scenarios for instant when Erik came to be a teacher, I thought that was an interesting turn of events. I also enjoyed the fact that Neferet is waging war on humans and that Zoey must find a way to stop it, I think that really brought up the plot for me.

Overall I would not say a bad book but just not my personal favorite in the entire series. I like a mix of all the elements: Action, Romance, Comedy, and Suspense! But what can I say I am hooked on this series so they have not lost me =)



So What Did You Think of Untamed?
-Or-
Will You Read It?




Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, it gets better after this one. The last one I liked a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on book two right now. I'll be catching up to you soon. A bit disappointing that this one is not the best.

    I'll keep it in mind that it gets better, thanks Taschima.

    Twisted
    http://literarydaydreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin